You Might Be A Grad Student If...
Chip Free (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Tue, 7 Jan 97 15:12:57 -0000
You Might Be a Grad Student If...
1. You can identify universities by their internet domains.
2. You are constantly looking for a thesis in novels.
3. You have difficulty reading anything that doesn't have footnotes.
4. You understand jokes about Foucoult.
5. The concept of free time scares you.
6. You consider caffeine to be a major food group.
7. You've ever brought books with you on vacation and actually studied.
8. Saturday nights spent studying no longer seem weird. ...the
professor doesn't show up to class and you discuss the readings anyway.
9. You've ever travelled across two state lines specifically to go to a
10. You appreciate the fact that you get to choose *which* twenty hours
out of the day you have to work.
11. You still feel guilty about giving students low grades (you'll get
12. You can read course books and cook at the same time.
13. You schedule events for academic vacations so your friends can come.
14. You hope it snows during spring break so you can get more studying
15. You've ever worn out a library card.
16. You find taking notes in a park relaxing.
17. You find yourself citing sources in conversation.
18. You've ever sent a personal letter with footnotes.
Chip Free "We're only immortal...for a limited time."
GS Technology Ventures --Neil Peart (and others)
"But, then again, that's just my opinion--I could be wrong." __\<;_
--Dennis Miller (_)/ (_)
Home Page: http://www.gszone.com/wtfHome.html
Riding The Bullets Bench: http://thebench.gszone.com/